Last year, around March, my husband and I went on our first ever European road trip. Anderson Tours was our Tour Operator. The Trip was a weekend trip to Amsterdam and Brugge (Belgium). We left on a friday morning very early, on a coach, went trough Dover, taking the ferry, through France, Belgium and finally Amsterdam, which was our first stop. Thumbs up to Anderson Tours and the lovely staff (driver and super cool tour guide), I am sorry I cannot remember their names. There were very friendly and knowledgeable. The driver has extensive knowledge o Amsterdam and was able to recommend us the go-to places.
Amsterdam was very busy for me, just like any other big European cities. It is flanked by water network canals. Hence one of the to do list when in Amsterdam is a canal cruise. It is one o the best way to explore the city. Another interesting fact about Amsterdam, was their singing houses. A lot of them are build along the Canals. There seem to be squeezed against each other, very tall and skiny too. The houses are crooked, it is easy to think they are almost falling on you. They are so many reasons for this. A popular one is that the houses are built on pilings sunk deep into soft soil. They gain added reinforcement by being built adjacent to one another, so each building "leans" on the others in a block for support! How Clever.
One last thing I found astonishing in Amsterdam was "LEGAL WEED!!!". How amazing was it! to see people somking in the street without the fear of being arrested!!! Other European countries should learn from it. Now please do not ask me if I did smoke, as I won't be able to answer, hahahah! (By the way, Amsterdam people seem very lovely and try their fries once there)
We spent friday night and Saturday (whole day) in Amsterdam. On Sunday morning, we hit the road again for Brugges (Belgium) where we spent the afternoon, and left at around 5pm or around, back to London.
Brugge is a very idyllic little town. It seems to have been taken straight out of a fairy tale! It definitely would be wonderful to have a wedding there (take note). Aside from this, not so much to do there, please correct If I am wrong. Brugge pictures attached!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment